As we grow up there is one thing that definitely does not fade, that is the love for all things sweet. Although we may longer be surrounded around the small sweets tables at parties like children; when that sweet tooth kicks into gear, there is no stopping it. This little devilish sweet tooth is in huge competition with the healthy and fitness conscious angel sitting ones opposite shoulder. Although the health conscious angel may sometimes prevail, this is definitely on a rare occasion. In my mind, if your body is craving something, your body obviously needs it so you can’t deny your body the nourishment (or lack thereof); its simple biology.
As any girl knows, there is nothing quite like chocolate to smooth out even the roughest of days. Whether it is Cadbury or Lindt, there is just no way to say no to a little slab of happiness. Whether your craving is one for candy sweets, chocolate or smooth ice cream; I have found a mouth-watering recipe for Bar One Cupcakes that will give that sweet tooth a run for its money.
Bar One Cupcakes
- 125 g butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 – 1/3 cup milk
- 1 bar one chopped into small pieces (Can make any variation)
- (Can make Parev using margarine and soya milk instead)
- 60 g butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- splash milk
- Cream butter and sugar very well
- Add egg one at a time and beat thoroughly. Add flavouring
- Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add dry ingredients and milk alternating between the two. The mixture should be a dropping consistency
- Mix in the bar one pieces
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 200°C (test with skewer to make sure cooked through)
Place all ingredients in a bowl and beat thoroughly. Continue adding icing sugar until it’s a thick smooth consistency
Bar One Sauce:
- Break up one Bar One into small pieces and place in microwave for about 30-45 seconds
- Mash with a fork and stir in a bit of milk
- Place back in microwave for another 45-60 seconds
If there are any recipes you wish to share, please feel free.
Here is a step by step video of how to make your own Chocolate Lava Cupcakes. Enjoy !!!!